Sunday, February 17, 2013

Easy is a Four-Letter Word

I bought a beginner’s yoga DVD about two years ago. As of yesterday morning, it was still shrinkwrapped and unopened.  I’ve been sick for about three weeks with a lingering cold (and haven’t exercised in much longer than that) so I thought I’d give it a whirl. Surely, it’d be easy! What a gentle way to ease back into exercising.

So, yeah. Today, I can’t lift my arms over my head, my knee is tweaky and the bones in the top of one foot ache. So much for easy.

From time to time, don’t we all make assumptions that something will be easy?  How many times have you uttered, “How hard can it be?” only to then utter, “Damn hard.”

One of my resolutions is not to make assumptions.  Another is not to give up on something that isn’t as easy as I thought it was going to be. Like writing daily. Like staying connected with friends even though I have hermit tendencies. Like exercising often, even if it’s just a walk around the block.
Is there something you've stuck with even thought it was harder than you thought it'd be? (I mean, besides marriage.)

1 comment:

  1. Make sure to follow up with your leads. Let your auto-responder ensure that your lead gets the immediate response that people look for. However, you should also make a personal call or send a note to each lead as well. While it may not come right away, that personal touch will be appreciated.play bazaar

    ReplyDelete